We'll help you deal with the ups and downs of energy prices on Long Island and in Queens!
Windsor Fuel offers two price protection plans to help Long Island and Queens customers cope with energy price inflation. There is a simple, free version that locks in a preseason price, and a flexible version that carries a fee and locks out inflation while allowing you to take advantage of price decreases, should they occur.
Capped Price Plan
You purchase your seasonal supply (or a portion of it) with a two-part guarantee regarding the price. First, your price will not exceed the "cap price" that we agree upon when you enroll, regardless of how high prices go during the heating season. Secondly, if our daily price of oil is lower than the cap price for any given delivery, you will pay the daily price instead of the cap price for that delivery.
- Pros: Your maximum price is capped, and you won't pay more regardless of where prices go. If prices decrease, you will benefit.
- Cons: There is a cost associated with protecting an oil price against the risk of sizable price swings in both directions, and this plan carries a fee to cover the cost of two-way price insurance.
You purchase your seasonal supply (or a portion of it) at a fixed price, so that every gallon costs the same, regardless of how prices change during the heating season.
- Pros: Your price is locked in. If prices increase during the heating season, you avoid paying the higher price.
- Cons: If the price should decrease during the heating season, you will not benefit because your price is locked in.
You choose no price protection plan and instead pay our regular, daily price for every delivery.
- Pros: You receive our everyday competitive prices. In a year when prices are stable or they decrease, you benefit.
- Cons: Your price is not protected, and you are fully exposed to the risk of energy price inflation.
Enrolling in Windsor Fuel's price protection program is easy. If you need assistance, please call our office.
Need more information on our price protection programs? Contact us!